Foster a PetRed, White, and Woof Adoption EventCloseNext event in10143609DAYSHOURSMINSSECS
Fostering Pets in Your Home
Our Foster Care Program asks community members to open their doors to our animals who need some TLC outside of the shelter. Fostering is one of the most important ways you can help the animals of Kansas City Pet Project. By providing our temporary residents shelter for just a small amount of time helps save lives.
What are the requirements to become a foster parent?
- Foster parents must be at least 18 years of age
- Foster parents must fill out a Foster Application and be approved
- Foster parents must agree and sign our Foster Care Contract
Why should I become a foster parent?
We believe that the young, abandoned, sick, abused, and stressed animals that enter our shelter deserve to have the best possible chance at finding a loving, permanent home. A foster parent has one of the most important jobs at the shelter. Foster parents allow our animals to receive the proper care and attention they deserve as they wait for adoption. As a foster parent you’ll not only save the lives of animals in your care, but you’ll give other animals coming into the shelter who may not need the same level of medical attention, a space on our adoption floor to find their own loving homes. If those aren’t enough reasons to become a foster parent, consider these:
- Foster animals are temporary companions offering their love freely
- You’ll be helping to socialize a shelter animal so they become more adoptable and better companions
- You can put that spare bedroom to good use
- Fostering helps you explore many different breeds of dogs and cats
- If for some reason you can’t keep a full-time companion animal, fostering for short time periods is an ideal solution
- You’ll know that you’re making a huge difference in the lives of your fosters and other animals at the shelter
Does fostering count as volunteering?
Yes, we consider fostering full time volunteering at home. If you are not comfortable with the shelter atmosphere, fostering is an amazing way to volunteer for Kansas City Pet Project.
For more information on our Foster Care Program, please e-mail our Volunteer/ Foster Program Coordinator at email@example.com or call 816.513.9829. Destiny will give you all of the information you need to being the foster parent of one of our many furry friends!